The Wall Ball Drill
- All drills must be performed with both hands.
- Any wall (or pitch back) will work, but a smooth concrete wall at least 10 feet tall is the best surface.
- Use your gloves when performing this routine (boys)
- Stand about five yards from the wall for most drills
- Perform this routine 4 or 5 times a week for 15 to 20 minutes and your stick skills will improve a great deal in a very short period …..When throwing focus hard on specific point on the wall
- Right hand quick stick – 50 times – Move closer 2ft choke up on stick aim high.. ball does not bounce (left hand)
- Right hand throw and catch – throw ball into wall and it bounces back (right hand)
- Right hand throw and catch – throw ball into ground, ball bounces off wall and you catch it in the air (left hand) ….
- Split dodge- throw right, catch right, split dodge to hand, throw left, catch left, split dodge back to right hand – 50 times
- Right hand throw left hand catch – Left to Right – 50 times
- Face dodge or Roll Dodge Right Hand throw and catch 50 times
- Throw on the run….throw 50 times..both left and right
NOTE: This routine takes 15 to 20 minutes. Work both hands equally….KEEP IT FUN!