2023 BOYS PROGRAM HIGHLIGHTS
(1) Weather permitting the U11/ U13 and U15 programs will start ~ mid March, 2023 and run until mid June
(2) The Boys Learn to Play Program will start on April 3rd, 2023 and end on May 24th
(3) The schedule for each age group is as follows:
U-15 (7th/ 8th graders) Mondays & Wednesdays from 3:00- 4:30 PM and Saturdays from 9:00- 10:30 AM
U-13 (5th / 6th graders) Tuesdays & Thursdays from 4:30- 6:00 PM and Saturdays from 10:30 AM- Noon
U-11 (3rd/ 4th graders) Tuesdays & Thursdays from 3:00- 4:30 PM and Saturdays from 10:30 AM- Noon
The Little Whalers (Grades 1 & 2nd)- Practice is on Mondays & Wednesdays from 5:00-6:00 PM and games will be played on Sunday from 10:00- 11:00 AM- all at Nantucket Boys & Girls Club.
(4) Games for the U11/ U13 and U15 are played on Sundays on April 2, 9, 23, 30, May 7, 14, 21 and June 3/4-
50% of the games are played at home on Nantucket and the other 50% are played off-island.
The NYL program attempts to avoid conflicts with other sports to the maximum possible extent.
* Parents should communicate any health related issues such as allergies, asthma, ADD/ ADHD, diabetes etc. directly with their coach as they see fit
* A mandatory Orientation meeting (for both players/ parents) will be held on Wednesday February 15th, 2023. Details to follow.
~ Lacrosse helmet, mouth guard, shoulder pads (note: new regulations apply), elbow pads, protective cup, footwear (cleats), lacrosse gloves and lacrosse stick. NOCSAE ND-200 compliant shoulder pads are mandatory as off 1/1/22.